BONNEY WATSON is closely monitoring and evaluating the everchanging status of the coronavirus (COVID-19) that is impacting both our local communities and the world at large.
We want to assure all of you that we are committed to protecting the safety and well-being of all those who place their trust in us, including our employees, client families, guests, and the communities we are privileged to serve.
In accordance with the recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), we have adopted the following operating practices:
- To ensure the safety and well-being of those who visit our facilities, we will have our doors remain locked during normal business hours to control access. However, staff is readily available on-sight to provide assistance.
- On-sight arrangement conferences will be limited to three participants, but we recommend completing arrangements remotely using email, phone, and fax.
- On-sight ceremonies are suspended until further notice.
- On-sight visitations will be limited to ten participants.
- On-sight witness cremations will be limited to five participants.
- On-sight cemetery placements will be limited to ten participants.
If Shelter-in-Place restrictions are enacted in our jurisdiction, the following additional restrictions will be implemented:
- All our facilities will be closed to the public, but on-call staff will be readily available to perform essential functions, including:
- Providing information via the telephone.
- Transfer deceased individuals into our care.
- Complete arrangement conferences remotely using email, phone, and fax.
- Perform embalming if requested by the family.
- Perform direct cremation, burial and/or entombment of the deceased. Witness cremations and/or cemetery placements will be limited to two individuals.
- All ceremonies and visitations are suspended until further notice.
- If arrangement conferences cannot be completed remotely, we will meet with families in-person at our facilities, but they will be limited to the person(s) with the right to control disposition.
The CDC has provided helpful answers to frequently asked questions about how the COVID-19 virus impacts funerals at the following link – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#funerals.
We are facing a truly unique time as the situation with the novel coronavirus continues to evolve, and we recognize that this affects everyone in different ways. As the oldest continuously operating business in the State of Washington, we recognize the importance of the rituals and traditions you hold dear, and we realize how these restrictions impact your ability to honor your loved one the way you wish.
Even in these uncertain times, BONNEY WATSON remains committed to serving your family with the utmost empathy, respect, and professionalism; and we are available 24 hours per/day, 7 days per/week to assist you with the care of your loved one. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help or if you have any questions – (206) 242-1787.
We appreciate your understanding.
Cameron A. Smock